Submitted by dpappenhagen on Wed, 01/02/2013 - 15:44
Malaysian Pisang Goreng (Fried Banana Fritters) Recipe
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour (brown rice flour, white rice flour, sorghum flour or millet)
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup ice water
- 1½ tablespoons canola oil for batter, plus 1 quart for deep-frying
- 5–6 semi-ripe bananas, halved
- Combine the flours, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Pour in water and combine into a batter. Add in 1½ tablespoons of oil and mix. Coat banana halves in the batter.
- Pour 1 quart of oil into a deep-fry pan, and fry bananas for 3 to 4 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Remove to drain on paper towels before serving.